www.trivia-utopia.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.trivia-utopia.co.uk

trivia

Back to Trivia-UtopiaHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writers Corner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Engel
Admin
Engel

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Writers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Writers Corner   Writers Corner Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:15 pm

I have set up here for our resident writers, which i should add, i am not one of!!!! but we have a few and is time they were coaxed to drift, ramble, rant as only those scribes know how.... do not disappoint Wink xxx
Back to top Go down
http://trivia-utopia.co.uk
Gripe
BOFH
Gripe

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Writers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Sounds cool bass...   Writers Corner Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:14 am

I've been toying with this idea a bit now, wanted to put summat down. Lemme know what you ppl think:

Left behind to guard against the Return

Thil was sitting down, leaning against a mossy boulder, in the shadows as usual. He was in his favourite place. Well, almost favourite, he thought with a wry grin. His favourite place was about fifty feet away, on the highest point of the escarpment, sitting on the ledge. There was a natural seat there, worn smooth by the passage of water and wind over the years, and it was always warm, as it was in the sunshine all day. He couldn’t sit there now, his profile against the morning sky would be seen miles around, and the Tribesmen would come. So he sat against the chilly rock in the deep shadow and looked upon the burnt husk that had been his home.

Two years ago it had been the center of his universe, a place where he was loved and cared for. None of that now, he cared for himself and had no time for other pursuits. He was fifteen today. The last night he had spent there had been the morning of his thirteenth birthday.

Thil! Get up! Get up and get going, you have to walk to Hillbridge today. – Demhen, his father yelled from downstairs.
Thil tossed his bedding aside, jumped into his pants and grabbed his tunic from the floor before stretching luxuriantly. He was wiry and gangly, but almost grown to his full height already. He put his tunic on and tied it with a wide leather belt. He sat on his log bed to pull his boots on, supple yet sturdy brown elkskin. He started downstairs from the open loft, but turned quickly and grapped a small canvas shoulderbag from he peg on the wall, and traipsed downstairs.

Get some porridge into yourself, you got a long day ahead of you. – Demhen pushed a bowl of porridge in front of him. The morning sun was just breaking over the horizon, and sending golden tendrils of light into the kitchen to make the large knob of butter on his porridge look like molten gold. Why am I going to town for, it’s my birthday? – Thil asked his father. Well, you’ve got to visit the smithy. No helping it, I’m afraid, and sorry to make you go on your birthday, but the Rangers need arrowheads, and I’ve no time for it. Your mam can’t walk that far, not with the baby on the way. –His father levelled a slightly apologetic look his way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trivia-utopia.co.uk/gripe.html

Writers Corner
Page 1 of 1