www.trivia-utopia.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.trivia-utopia.co.uk

trivia

Back to Trivia-UtopiaHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

African Cichlids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lightwizard

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-12-07

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:49 pm

African Cichlids  border=African Cichlids Rrd_7010
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 pm

African Cichlids Rrd_7013
Back to top Go down
Mr_Death

Mr_Death

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-07-06

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:14 am

Not bad lightwizard-san! Beautiful fishies =)

Is that the sort they call kenyi?

Also, I tried upping a few random pics and it seemed to work as it should here at least *shrug* , the way I do it I just up the pic with that host-button... once uploaded I copy the link (using right click and copy, the copy button doesn't work here for some reason Rolling Eyes)  and click the insert image-button next to the host-button - paste the link there - then back to the host-button and hit upload and it's ready for the next pic

African Cichlids 12911610
African Cichlids 12897010
African Cichlids 12911611
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdz88MBWomo
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 am

Ah so the copy button was letting me down then.

The Blue one with the red crested dorsal is a called Metriaclima greshakei, popular name is Ice Blue. This is a particularly handsome version of this fish.

The Yellow fella is actually from Lake Victoria and known as "Zebra Obliquidens" scientific name: Astatotilapia latifasciata. My guy isn't as beautiful as some specimens. Truth be told you need 4 -6 of these in a tank to get the best colours and they really handsome when they get territorial, usually in breeding season. If he colours up I'll get some new shots.

African Cichlids Rrd_7111
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 am

Electric blue hap - Sciaenochromis Fryeri

African Cichlids Rrd_7112
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:04 am

This is one of the few "accepted hybrids" in the hobby. It's called OB Peacock although it doesn't have orange blotches and isn't a Peacock (Aulonocara)

African Cichlids Rrd_7113
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:34 am

Placidochromis milomo known as Super VC10 this is one of the biggest Cichlids in the lake growing to 11".
African Cichlids Rrd_7114
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:38 am

Placidochromis electra - deep water hap my newest species in my community tank  Very Happy 
African Cichlids Rrd_7115
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:40 am

Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos commonly known as Maingano. The smallest species in my tank seldom growing larger than 4"
African Cichlids Rrd_7116
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:42 am

Copadichromis borleyi (Kadango) commonly known as Red Fin (don't know why)
African Cichlids Rrd_7117
Back to top Go down
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:44 am

No idea what this is, waiting to see what it looks like fully grown
African Cichlids Rrd_7210
Back to top Go down
Mr_Death

Mr_Death

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-07-06

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:28 am

Epic! sunny 

Watching them all move around must be quite a colorama, and those measures are inches?? If so the smallest is about as big as I thought the largest were, can see why they call that fella VC10 O.O

You have a more red/orange sort too btw (behind the Maingano)?
Never thought about it but I guess it works a bit like the kennel-clubs and such when it comes to hybrids, some ambition to keep thoroughbreeds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdz88MBWomo
lightwizard

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:43 am

The orange ones are Metriaclima estherae (red zebra) max size 12 cm (Didn't know you speak metric).

In the tank there are also .. Cobalt Blues, Lemon Yellows, Albino Red Zebra, Salusi and Johani, Elongatus and the monster of Lake Malawi .. Auratus. Might have missed one or two Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

African Cichlids Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Cichlids   African Cichlids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

African Cichlids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.trivia-utopia.co.uk :: General Banter-
Jump to: